I personally do not have anything against Monday. I see Monday like any other new day of the week to do what has to be done. I know there’s lots of people out there who are at war with Monday and, we want you to win. We want you to conquer Monday. I do believe that what we think on Monday sets the pace for the entire week, it’s best to go at it with a good attitude.
Here’s five tips to help you get over the Monday blues.
- What song gets you in the mood? Find a safe space or a bathroom, play it and dance. This will instantly put you in a great mood and you’ll be happy that you were silly for a second.
- Pack your favourite meal. This is small but when you think about eating your favourite meal at lunch, it’s going to bring an inner smile. That’s something to look forward to if you ask me.
- Dress for the mood you want not for the Monday funk. You can dress yourself into a good mood or a bad mood. Good dressing is a mood booster.
- Start off with the easiest task on your schedule and end the day with the heavy task. The logic behind this is simple. Finishing the easy tasks gives you energy to finish the bigger task. What a way to fully utilise your energy and energy reserve, right?
- Identify the problem. This should be first on the list. Why do you hate Monday? Is it because you hate your job? You’re not motivated at work? You don’t get along with your workmates? What’s the reason for your Monday blues? Find the reason behind your blues and deal with it. Maybe you need to find a new job?
With these tips, I hope you will be able to enjoy your Mondays more.