Where do you find inspiration? What keeps you going when you feel burnt out or uninspired?
Throughout the year I listen to podcasts and read books and write down statements that not only speak to me in the present but will also serve as ammunition in the future when I am fighting against self doubt, lethargy, general laziness and unworthiness.
Today, I share some of these quotes and statements that jumpstart me when I am feeling uninspired to live the life I have envisioned for myself.
- ‘Be aware of your infinite possibilities.’ Mrs. Evelyn H. Lauder
- ‘Don’t compare your life to others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon, they shine when it’s their time.’ Anon
- ‘The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change their future by merely changing their attitude.’ Oprah Winfrey
- ‘When you learn how much you’re worth, you’ll stop giving people discounts.’ Anon
- ‘The best way to complain is to make something.’ Anon
- ‘Don’t criticize what you’re not able to do yourself.’ Anon
- ‘Passivity doesn’t spare you. In life, nothing good grows by itself. For anything good you want to see, you must apply yourself.’ Anon
- ‘If you put the product into a customer’s hands, it will speak for itself if it’s something of quality.’ Estee Lauder
- ‘The danger of ambiguity. Things that are ambiguous lead to frustration.’ TD Jakes
- ‘Vested interest: If you do not invest in your dream, your dream will not invest in you. How can you expect someone to invest in something that you haven’t? If you believe in your dream, you have to go into it first, you have to have something on the line to show how invested you are in yourself and in your dream.’ TD Jakes